Welcome to Outrage Watch, HitFix's semi-regular rundown of entertainment-related kerfuffles. Not anxious enough already? Get your fix of righteous indignation below, and stay posted for outrage updates throughout the week.
No big surprise here: Amy Schumer's GQ cover was not “Star Wars” approved.
– Star Wars (@starwars) July 16, 2015
The above Twitter post came down following scattered outrage from fans of the beloved sci-fi franchise, some of whom called the risque cover — in which Schumer appears to be sucking the gold metallic finger of English-accented robot C-3PO — “distasteful” and “lame” among other descriptors:
– Teresa Delgado (@icecoldpenguin) July 16, 2015
– Ron Solo (@CPThrio) July 16, 2015
– Kiran Hefa (@kiranhefa) July 17, 2015
I feel like I might be the only one who feels Amy Schumer is a bit distasteful. Sucking on C3PO's finger doesn't help.
– Mark Kwak (@THEmarkkwak) July 17, 2015
Are you frigg'n kidding me with that Amy Schumer GQ photo shoot? I don't mind a joke. But that shoot is needlessly tasteless & tacky.
– Kyle Shold (@Kyle_Shold) July 17, 2015
That said, the majority of tweeters appear to be on GQ/Schumer's side, with user @beetsc1 summing it up this way:
– gary klein (@beetsc1) July 17, 2015
Hard to argue there.