First off let me say how weird and coincidental it was to be watching an episode of Sunny WHILE the Eagles were playing THE SAME DAY With Leather ran their Sports and TV installment of IASIP. Kind of amazing, actually. A few less Sunny moments this week and a few more observations from “The Gang Dines Out.” Like…
- I know it’s not something you’re supposed to question in the suspended reality of the Paddy’s Pub universe, but I can’t help but wonder how The Gang pays for anything ever. Frank must subsidize all of them, right?
- Nice to be back at Guigino’s. Been awhile. Fun fact: It’s actually (maybe) named after Carla Gugino and is set in the lobby of the Herald Examiner Building that housed the Paddy’s set the first two seasons.
- Frank’s realistic toupee: Not as fun as his South Beach toupee, but still good times.
- No Tommy Bahama formal attire for Skinny Mac? I thought we had a theme/theory going! Not that I’m complaining about the polo/tie combo.
- Shocked there wasn’t one cheese reference.
- Psychological warfare between the guys where Dee thinks she’s participating but no one has actually noticed her is just too perfect. Read this to hammer it home.
The Sunniest moments…
Frank Knows How To Tip
Didn’t expect this to be a running gag after this opening sequence, but I approve. And I think we can all agree Frank’s technique is best because: honesty.
Dennis Is Above Groupon
I don’t like a-hole snob Dennis quite as much as I like a-hole sociopath Dennis but it’s not that far off either. Sitting on matches at a table next to the kitchen surrounded by commoners is just so beneath his pedigree.
Dee Is Good Recruiter
LOVED how passionate this dude was about Dee’s situation. Like, Mark Wahlberg “not on my watch” passionate.
Mac Will Get You That Chair
After Frank and Dennis’s feel-copping tip maneuvers it only made sense that Mac would go the latent homosexuality route. Was really banking on Charlie tipping the troop in cheese by the end of the episode.
Mac And Charlie Just Can’t Quit Each Other
Just a couple of kids caught between wine-warring families.
Charlie’s Not As Dumb As He Seems
Just pitch perfect Charlie Day delivery.
Mac Wore Two Colognes
The jumping off point for the “Say something nice to me” exchange, which became the jumping off point for multiple double jackknife twist/Chrissy Orlando stories. I can’t remember the last time I “blew everybody’s tits off” and it bums me out.
What’s the count for impromptu Dennis speeches this season? 3? 4? I think this is the first one where he worked in licking butt but I could be wrong.
Four Methods Of Attack
Probably my favorite part of this episode is how quickly the fellas formed their various methods of attack.
Mac – “I’m going to smash this over their goddammed heads.”
Dennis – “And I’m going to blast them with this fire extinguisher.”
Charlie – “I’ll toss hot soup in their faces.”
Frank – “I’ll pinch their dicks with this lobster.”
A Waiter Eats It And Everyone Loves Each Other
The perfect resolution. Even for Sweet Dee…
It’s rare we experience a relative happy ending like this on Sunny and I want to embrace it. Thank you shoelaces! Salud!
See you guys next week for the final time in 2012. We’ll try and do something special for the finale so dress appropriately.