Hello, friends. It’s Thursday again, which means another fresh, new episode of the Dime Podcast is ready. This week we’re talking with Portland Trail Blazers shooting guard C.J. McCollum about what it was like as an NBA player watching this crazy offseason unfold around him.
We also talked about the current landscape of NBA social media and his favorite follows around the league, his thoughts on what it’s like in a locker room when a prominent player has requested a trade, and more. But first, we had to get some Cleveland Browns talk out of the way.
After our conversation with C.J., Martin and I broke down the best NBA players you could have as your partner on Supermarket Sweep, pleasant surprises of the NBA’s first week and plenty more. Here’s a full rundown of what we discussed on this week’s show:
- Browns talk with C.J. McCollum
- Watching this past offseason as so many contenders made moves around the league
- The NBA and social media
- Eric Bledsoe’s trade request and how you handle that as a player in the locker room
- Favorite players to follow
- The Blazers and the advantage of continuity
- The importance of using your platform as a player to better the community
- What things could LeBron James go 1-22 in
- NBA players best suited to be your partner in Supermarket Sweep
- Happy surprises of the early NBA season that have the best chance of being long-term trends
- Why the NBA should go to a youth academy system
And much, much more!
Please feel free to subscribe everywhere and anywhere (Omny, iTunes, Google), give @Dime_Podcast a follow on Twitter and let us know what you’re thinking about the show or if you have questions or potential guests, shoot us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, and keep an eye out for future episodes. We’re figuring this out as we go, but we’re happy to have you along for the ride.