Listen on the player above, or download this week’s episode as an mp3 here (right-click, “save as.”)
Not that it could ever make up for losing the second half of last week’s pod, but we tried to recreate the magic with Burnsy’s Corner, Brendan’s ideas for MANswers segments, and Joe King’s movie pitches, which, SPOILER ALERT, all seem to involve “a 40-year-old man with Down Syndrome.”
Notes, by Adam:
- 00:01:41 – Vince briefly discusses The Artist, and brings up legendary actress Kim Novak wanting to report a rape due the films use of the Vertigo score. It’s not surprising that Armond White agrees with her. Mr. White also made the news recently for heckling during the NY Film Critics Circle ceremony.
- 00:09:03 – We check out some clips from Manswers, which reminds us of Ow! My Balls from Idiocracy, and have some fun with our own fake Manswers.
- 00:18:53 – Burnsy’s Corner brings us a clip of the new star and Mountain Dew addict of Toddlers and Tiaras. We’re visited by a Miami Heat fan, and returning guest, Mr. Lee Roth. Somehow the Bible comes up, and Burnsy plays a cover of Nelson’s cherished classic by Kids Incorporated.
- 00:57:41 – We discuss commercial campaigns the insult the intelligence of heterosexual males.
- 01:06:36 – Joe King pitches us his movie ideas. Joe and Vince talk shop about some of the terrible places they’ve done stand-up.
EMAIL US at FROTCAST@GMAIL.COM. LEAVE US A VOICEMAIL: 415 275 0030. SUBSCRIBE ON iTUNES. [Thanks to Jesse for the artwork]
VIDEOS OF THE WEEK:
Jennifer Love Hewitt sings Nelson (wait for the chorus, she’s in the middle).
Alana from Toddlers & Tiaras.
MANSWERS: AKA Idiocracy in real life.