In between all the video games and movies there was, surprise, some actual comics news! Aside from Legendary Comics and the Sandman prequel, here’s what the various companies had for us, in linkdump form.
- DC went into more detail on the New 52′s New Wave. Not much we didn’t know before but it’s an entertaining panel.
- DC also has a Django Unchained miniseries on the way.
- Here’s Marvel’s panel at SDCC featuring Joe Quesada. My personal favorite news? The upcoming Joe Keatinge Thanos miniseries.
- Marvel also went into more detail on Avengers Vs. X-Men.
- Image uncorked a whole bunch of new series coming up from the likes of Mark Waid, Darick Robertson, Kelly Sue DeConick, James Robinson, Matt Chaykin, Matt Fraction, and Joe Casey. They all sound exciting, but Casey’s approach to superhero dating, with the subtle title of Sex got the most attention.
- Dark Horse will apparently publish every possible Mass Effect book BioWare can think of. Similarly Joss Whedon can pretty much do whatever he wants.
- Top Cow is putting out new issues of Cyberforce, for free, no less, and funded via Kickstarter.
- Archie revealed more details about its epic Sonic and Mega Man crossover. Fun Fact: Sonic comics have been running for twenty freaking years and have a better track record than the games at this point.
- IDW has a My Little Pony comic coming, so my complete plunge into the depths of Bronydom can continue apace. Oh, yeah, and more Hasbro books like Transformers, but let’s face it, it’s the Pony book that’ll get all the attention.
Of course, most of this was eclipsed by the movies and the games, but it is nice to remember there are actual comics at the con.
image courtesy San Diego Comic-Con
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.