6) Lara’s trademark braid had to be cut from the game. The amount of polygons allotted for Lara was so tight, one of her trademarks, the braid she sports in all the promotional and concept art, had to be cut from the game.
7) Ms. Croft’s breast size was, like, totally an accident. Totally. So, according to Toby Gard, he was messing around with Lara’s model one day and accidentally made her breasts 150% larger. He was going to return them to being merely oversized instead of anatomically impossible, but the other guys on the team caught glimpse of the alterations, said Lara “looked better that way” and told Toby to keep the changes. Oh you don’t say.
Hmmmm, why were you just idly messing around with Lara’s cup size in the first place Toby? And sure, the other guys just noticed your “mistake” over your shoulder — you definitely didn’t go running around the office with your Soviet mid-90s laptop showing everybody. But hey, “Lara’s ridiculous boobs were an accident” is a nice bit of trivia, so I believe you, Toby. Totally.
8) The Croft Manor area was built in a single weekend. One of the most iconic locations in the original Tomb Raider, Lara’s palatial home Croft Manor, was hacked together by Toby Gard in a weekend, and based on the actual building Core Design was headquartered in. Yup, in England even small-time video game developers get to hang out in castles.
9) Lara’s decorating skills will melt your face off. Think the Ark of the Covenant is stored in some mysterious government warehouse somewhere? Wrong. It’s actually sitting in Lara Croft’s foyer. Hey, it’s a hell of a way to get lingering party guests to leave.
10) Only six people are killed throughout the original Tomb Raider. Sure, Lara ventilates a good number of lions, gorillas and dinos in the game, but human beings? A mere six die throughout the title. Multiply that by around 100 to get Lara’s kill count in the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot.
Who has time to kill boring old humans when you’re sending T-rexes back into extinction?