Were you hoping to see some xenomorphs pop up in “Prometheus 2”? Sorry to burst your bubble.
“The beast is done. Cooked,” director Ridley Scott told Yahoo! News when asked whether the iconic alien monsters would be showing up in the planned sequel. “I got lucky meeting [xenomorph designer] H.R. Giger all those years ago. It”s very hard to repeat that. I just happen to be the one who forced it through because they said it”s obscene. They didn”t want to do it and I said, ‘I want to do it, it”s fantastic”. But after four, I think it wears out a little bit. There”s only so much snarling you can do. I think you”ve got to come back with something more interesting. And I think we”ve found the next step. I thought the Engineers were quite a good start.”
As anyone who's seen “Prometheus” knows, a xenomorph-like creature (dubbed “The Deacon”) was in fact birthed in the final scene of the film – an unexpected development that left some fans hoping for more phallic alien action in the prospective sequel. So where can we expect the plot to go instead?
“You”ll probably have to go with [Noomi Rapace”s Elizabeth Shaw] and [Michael Fassbender”s android David] – without his head,” said Scott. “Find out how he gets his head back on!”
Originally slated to hit theaters on March 4, 2016, “Prometheus 2” is currently without a release date. Scott – currently prepping for the Dec. 12 release of his Biblical epic “Exodus: Gods and Kings” – revealed last month that a script for the film is complete, however.
What do you think of a xenomorph-free “Prometheus 2”? Sound off in the comments.