WrestleMania 30 went down tonight and it was … something else. Presented here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free results from the show. Make sure you come back to With Leather tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of WWE WrestleMania 30 report, and also probably a post about everybody’s shocked faces.
WrestleMania 30 results:
- Pre-show match for the WWE Tag Team Championships: The Usos (c) defeated The Real Americans, Los Matadores and Rybaxel. Los Matadores were eliminated first via a Patriot Lock from Jack Swagger. Cesaro eliminated Rybaxel with a Neutralizer on Ryback. The Usos eliminated The Real Americans with a double top rope splash on Cesaro. After the match, Jack Swagger briefly attacked Cesaro but tried to apologize. Cesaro responded by giving him a giant swing.
1. Daniel Bryan defeated Triple H. The stipulation here was that the winner would be inserted into the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match later in the night. Bryan won a back-and-forth match with a running knee, pinning Triple H clean.
2. The Shield defeated The New Age Outlaws and Kane. Total squash. The Shield annihilated the Authority’s team, winning after a triple powerbomb on the New Age Outlaws. Both of them at once.
3. Cesaro won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Cesaro won the trophy by last eliminating Big Show with a body slam over the ropes to the outside.
4. John Cena defeated Bray Wyatt. Cena won with an Attitude Adjustment.
5. Brock Lesnar defeated The Undertaker. Yes, you read that correctly. Brock pinned Taker after an F5 (the third of the match), ending the Undertaker’s undefeated streak at WrestleMania.
6. Divas Invitational: AJ Lee (c) defeated everybody else. AJ retained the title by making Naomi tap out to the Black Widow.
7. WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match: Daniel Bryan defeated Randy Orton (c) and Batista to become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. So much happened here. At one point, Triple H pulled out the referee to keep Bryan from winning the match and tried to attack Bryan with a sledgehammer. Bryan fought him off, knocking Triple H out with his own hammer. Later, Bryan appeared to be stretchered out when Batista and Orton put him through a table, but he returned and was able to tap out Batista to the Yes Lock to become the new champion.