The national Black family reunion and fish fry known as the BET Awards announced the 2011 nominations yesterday on 106 & Park. Awards shows generally honor the best of the best, yet I'm left with a handful of questions after scanning the list of nominees.
1. Chris Brown received several nominations. Has the blacklisting been completely lifted now?
2. J. Cole gets nominated for "Best New Artist"...but hasn't dropped an album yet? *Scratches head*
3. Neo-Soul is now called "Centric"? Is this the last stop off for artists before they do gospel plays and Tyler Perry movies?
4. Cee-Lo Green is now R&B music? Is this an omen that he will soon be co-starring alongside Christopher Williams and Al B. Sure in the acclaimed stage play "Momma, A Good Thug Is Hard To Find"?
5. Are those really the five best groups Hip-Hop produced last year?
6. Lola Monroe makes music and we're taking her seriously?
7. Why don't they just call "Best Female Hip-Hop Category" "Nicki Minaj And Four Other Losers With Vaginas"?
8. Can you deny any of the songs listed in the "Best Collaboration" category?
9. Does Usher have to actually put out new music anymore the get nominated or is it just a lifetime lock?
10. If Willow Smith doesn't win "Video Of The Year," would it be due to age discrimination? If she does win, will it be the result of nepotism?
11. If I say I don't give a flying f*ck about the Gospel nominees, doth Hell await me?
12. Tyler Perry and Waka Flocka will be in the same building...is the awards show taking place on <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_end_times_prediction">May 21st</a>.