Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for April 9, 2018. The Raw After WrestleMania 34 featured debuts, callups, all the fallout for the Raw brand, and the customary hijacking of the show by all the fans who came from out of town and wanted to do the wave.
WWE Raw Results:
– The show opened with Stephanie McMahon coming to the ring with her arm in a sling. She took credit for Ronda Rousey’s great debut, then welcomed Rousey to the ring. She said Rousey, a smart businesswoman, should partner with her and they can do great thing. She then introduced her “friend” Ronda Rousey. Rousey shook her hand, hugged her, and then armbarred her already-injured arm. McMahon was helped to the back afterward.
– WWE announced there will be a Superstar Shake-Up on Raw and Smackdown next week.
– New Raw Women’s Champion Nia Jax came to the ring, and Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax came out to taunt her. That’s when Jax introduced her teammate, former NXT Women’s Champion Ember Moon.
1. Ember Moon and Nia Jax defeated Alexa Bliss and Mickie James. Moon got the pin for her team after hitting Bliss with the Eclipse.
– Backstage, Braun Strowman and Nicholas relinquish the Raw Tag Team Championship to Kurt Angle because Nicholas is in the fourth grade.
2. No Way Jose defeated John Skyler. The debuting Jose won with his knockout punch finisher for the pin.
– Kurt Angle informed the Bar that they will get their tag title rematch at the Greatest Royal Rumble against three other teams, who will earn their spots via a Tag Team Eliminator tournament.
3. Tag Team Eliminator Match: The Revival defeated Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows. The Revival advanced to next week’s Eliminator match. The Revival won by pinfall on Anderson after hitting the Shatter Machine.
– Seth Rollins came to the ring to celebrate his Intercontinental and Grand Slam Championship. Finn Bálor came to the ring to say that Rollins does deserve it, but he wants to be the first challenger to Rollins’ title. Rollins shook his hand and accepted, but the Miz arrived to remind them that he is owed a mandatory rematch. Rollins offered to have the rematch right now, but Miz wants it at Backlash. Jeff Hardy’s music hit as he made his return from injury to even the odds, and Miz and the Miztourage departed.
4. Mandy Rose defeated Sasha Banks. Bayley made her entrance before the match started and stood in Banks’ corner. When the fight spilled to the outside, Mandy shoved Bayley. With the referee distracted by Absolution, Bayley tried to hit Mandy, but struck Banks instead. With Banks still preoccupied with Bayley, Rose hit a running knee and got the pin.
– After the match, Paige got on the microphone and gave an emotional speech announcing her retirement.
– Elias was in the ring to run down the WrestleMania crowd and perform a special concert. He was interrupted by a returning Bobby Lashley, who beat Elias down.
– Backstage, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens approached Kurt Angle looking for a job. Angle said he has one spot on his roster, and they can fight for it.
– Heath Slater and Rhyno were in the ring, feeling disrespected for being left out of the Tag Team Eliminator. Slater challenged anyone in the back to a match, and the Authors of Pain made their debut.
5. The Authors of Pain defeated Heath Slater and Rhyno. The Authors of Pain won by pinfall with the Last Chapter. After the match, they appeared to leave manager Paul Ellering behind.
– Roman Reigns came to the ring and talked up his steel cage match with Brock Lesnar at the Greatest Royal Rumble. Samoa Joe returned from injury to call Reigns a failure, and said once Reigns fails again against Lesnar, he’ll be waiting to fight him at Backlash.
6. Tag Team Eliminator Match: Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt defeated Titus O’Neil and Apollo. Hardy got the pin on Apollo after a combination Sister Abigail and Twist of Fate. They will face the Revival next week, with the winner going on to face the Bar for the tag titles at the Greatest Royal Rumble.
7. Sami Zayn NC Kevin Owens. Neither man was able to get to his feet before the referee finished his 10-count on a double knockdown, so neither man won the open Raw roster position.
8. Jeff Hardy, Finn Bálor, and Seth Rollins defeated The Miz, Curtis Axel, and Bo Dallas. Rollins got the pin on Miz after a curb stomp. After the match, all three men hit their finishers on Axel and Dallas.