FOX’s Gotham has been teasing another Joker transformation when it comes to Cameron Monaghan’s Jeremiah character. The series also has a take on Harley Quinn coming from Jeremiah’s right-hand lady, Ecco, played by Francesca Root-Dodson, who’s been undergoing her own metamorphosis. All of this madness has led up to the show’s “Ace Chemicals” episode, which aims to deliver a long-promised showdown that airs this Thursday at 8:00 p.m. EST.
With appearances on The Blacklist and The Jim Gaffigan Show under her belt, Root-Dodson has plenty going on these days beyond Gotham‘s reach. She recently directed and starred in Free Spirit, which she describes as “a New York un-love story inspired by early Woody Allen and the French New Wave.” That film will screen at Los Angeles Women’s International Film Festival in March. In the meantime, Francesca was nice enough to take a few minutes of her time to participate in our twenty questions questionnaire series.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
Violet Chacki, for the eyebrows.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR or in your streaming queue?
I don’t know how to do that.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Schnitzel and mozartkugel.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
Girls’ “Lust for Life.”
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
I don’t use Google.
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
I find live music unmemorable.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
An expensive one.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
I can’t think of any press-appropriate examples.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Pretend I’m an international playboy.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
I grew up as a rabid Niners fan, but can’t watch football anymore because of the concussions.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Cold War, a gorgeous film.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage were coming to your house for dinner?
Spaghetti & meatballs, with homemade bread :)
Watch Ecco and Jeremiah get romantic in their special Valentine’s Day message below, and catch Gotham on FOX at 8 p.m. EST on Thursdays.