Actor and comedian Jim O’Heir — most recognizable by television audiences for his work on Parks and Rec‘s seven seasons — has appeared on a multitude of TV shows over the past two decades. Following the announcement of his new Scary Mommy web series, Lullaby League, which features singing competitions where A Capella groups compete to help crying babies go to sleep, O’Heir was kind enough to take a few minutes to participate in our twenty questions questionnaire.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Beer! From a tap.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR and/or streaming queue?
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Combo … Chicken Tiki Masala and a Lou Malnati’s deep dish sausage and onion pizza.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“It’s Quite Uptown” from Hamilton. BRILLIANT!!!!
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
Don’t take it all so seriously. I mean seriously…don’t take it so seriously. :)
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
How to poach an egg.
9. Dogs or cats?
Ultimately dogs but I do love cats too.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Neil Young. Mid 80’s.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
If I gave a book as a gift my friends would throw it at me.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Too many to mention. I’m a blessed guy. From catching me when I was about to fall to just saying the right thing at the right time.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Sleep in. Have a late breakfast. Go to a movie. Hang with my dogs. Meet friends for dinner. Back home for some good TV.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
I’m a Chicago boy. CUBS for the win.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Kaui Grill at the St. Regis Hotel on Kaui. A Jean-George Restaurant. I ordered the braised short ribs. I still dream about it.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Christie Brinkley who then later played my wife on Parks and Rec. AMAZING!!!!!
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Scrambled eggs. That’s all I know how to do. :)
PREVIOUSLY: Will Packer