Mark Normand is a comic whose half hour standup special premieres on Comedy Central tonight at midnight EST. Additionally, his new comedy album, Still Got It, was released this week and can be purchased on iTunes here. Also of note: the Village Voice named Normand, who is from New Orleans originally, the best New York comedian of 2013 and last year he also beat out 63 other comedians to win Caroline’s on Broadway’s stand-up comedy tournament. He is also Amy Schumer’s frequent opening act when she tours.
Mark was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
I always study the weird taps like I know about weird beers then just get a Stella.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
Albert Brooks is fun. But Colin Quinn might be the best.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
I don’t have either. But if I did I bet it’d be Curb reruns.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Yikes, am I on death row? I guess boiled crawfish.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Twitter, Instagram, Brazzers.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
Hmmm. Either “Psycho Killer” or “End of the Line.”
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
I’m not sure. I don’t really wanna punch anyone.
8. What’s your favorite meme?
I hate memes. Planking?
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
I haven’t been to many. I don’t get live music.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Depends on the person. Boy, these questions are so open ended.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
When I was little a bunch of kids stole my soccer ball and my big brother went up to them and got it back.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Both are fun but I gotta go South Park.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Swimming, beer garden, movie, fun meal, I don’t know.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. What’s your favorite sports team or teams?
Saints!!!! Who dat?!
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
With Amy Schumer after her first tour we went to R’evolution and went nuts!
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Whitey. Not bad.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Oprah. I know. I know. My mom was gone a lot.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Huh? I’d order in.
Here’s a clip from tonight’s special…
[protected-iframe id=”0e353b3a0a7c81a65247a9486593caec-60970621-60429128″ info=”http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:comedycentral.com:314d7206-b2da-4318-9a5a-05e391a92bf8″ width=”650″ height=”400″ frameborder=”0″]
PREVIOUSLY: Nat Faxon