In Mozart in the Jungle, Sandro Isaack plays Pavel, an orchestra maintenance technician who enters into a secret relationship with the orchestra’s president. In real life, it’s not that long ago Isaack was still working at a restaurant and received a very nice tip from Kiefer Sutherland. (A monetary tip, not advice on how to become a secret agent.) Ahead, Isaack was nice enough to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
The dessert menu.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
I’m not on Twitter.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Getting On, Togetherness and the last episode of Penny Dreadful.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
A three course dessert meal with a side of rice and beans.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
IMDb, Dictionary.com and ToysRUs.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
It’s always on shuffle.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable?”
Roger from American Dad.
8. What’s the last thing you googled?
Baby laughing at ripping paper… Nah, I googled myself.
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
In 2003, I was working security for an event, where I was guarding the door of an auditorium, where Tony Bennett and k.d. Lang rehearsed a performance. It was pretty much my own private concert. ‘Twas Awesome!
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Either American Gods by Neil Gaiman, or Demian by Hermann Hesse.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Not THE nicest, but it’s up there. It was the day before X-mas Eve, and the restaurant was empty. Kiefer Sutherland tipped me, and two other servers, $2,200 on an $86 check.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Skydive in the morning and “cuddle” for the rest of the day. Oh, and my three-course dessert meal.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Ask my brother. He’s the one who knows team sports.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
At Morimoto — I never knew food could taste that good.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Lynda Carter :)
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
I’d order in Chinese, and serve it in little Superman bowls.