Like you needed another reason to hate on Kobe. Forbes unveiled its list of the world’s highest-paid athletes in 2009, and Kobe is near the top, along with a few other NBA players. Combining salary and endorsements, here are the notables:
* Tiger Woods is #1 with approximately $110 million in earnings in the last year. (And consider that Tiger missed a lot of opportunities at tournament prize money due to his knee injury.)
* Kobe is tied for second place with Michael Jordan and Formula One driver Kimi Raikkonen at $45 million.
* LeBron is tied for sixth ($40 million) with Manny Pacquiao and golfer Phil Mickelson.
* Shaq ($33 million) is tied for 11th with Roger Federer.
* Kevin Garnett ($30 million) is tied for 17th with NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon, Derek Jeter and soccer superstar Ronaldinho.