Good afternoon you princes of Maine, you kings of New England, you stalkers of Alison Brie. Here are all the mashup and parody videos I didn’t get a chance to cover, thrown in your face like you’re Jodie Foster working for the FBI.
In the offing for today:
- FIRST VIDEO: This cartoon mashup of Back to the Future and Doctor Who casts Rory (instead of Amy?) as Marty, Amy as Jennifer, The Doctor as Doc, and River Song as Clara from BTTF 3. Animator James Farr comments, "Somewhere in the jaw-dropping vastness of the multi-verse, I like to think that this cartoon plays at 7 am every Saturday morning." [via io9]
- SECOND VIDEO: The opening credits of Neon Genesis: Evangelion would have been greatly improved if "A Cruel Angel’s Thesis" had been played with bike horns. Thankfully, Aberrant Kenosis has made that cover version, and Alex Small-Butera of "Baman Piderman" animated it. Okay, now make a melodica version. [via GAS]
- THIRD VIDEO: Scott Chernoff from Conan mashed up the World War Z trailer with Brad Pitt's cheesy Chanel ad. The combination is no more ridiculous than either component was on its own. [via Buzzfeed]
- FOURTH VIDEO: "My Little Trek Into Darkness" sets the audio from the Star Trek Into Darkness trailer to clips of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The Mary Sue also makes a good point about it, "Maybe MLP:FiM could loan STID its colon? Maybe just for like, opening weekend."
- Banner picture: MICHONNE:IMPOSSIBLE by popnerd [via The Mary Sue]
- Inset picture: "I find your lack of jiggawatts disturbing" by Anton Marrast [via Unreality]
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.