No, that’s the title. He’s not playing the MMO. Oh, and new Arrow starts tonight, and we shall be liveblogging it!
A quick recap for those who maybe have forgotten what happened in the last season:
- Ollie killed his best friend’s dad, the Dark Archer, who basically planned to kill all the poor people in Starling City because his wife died during a mugging. So, basically, he’s what Batman would be in reality, or if Mark Millar had created him.
- Tommy discovered Ollie was a nutjob vigilante, then that his dad was a nutjob terrorist, and then died, giving Ollie a Super-Size Guilt Meal since he’d just managed to derail Tommy’s relationship with Laurel by dint of Laurel having absolutely no ability to make rational decisions.
- Moira Queen admitted to the entire world that she was a terrorist and got packed off to jail, as one does.
- Quentin actually managed to save Starling City, demonstrating once again that he’s the only competent cop in the entire city.
- Thea adopted an Abercrombie and Fitch model as a pet and somehow didn’t die, despite the entire audience rooting for her to take a pile of rubble to the skull. Maybe Willa Holland managed to get them to agree to make her less whiny this season before she signed back on.
- Laurel continued to be self-righteous and kinda dumb.
- Diggle and Felicity continued to be awesome.
All of this leads up to the second season premiere, summed up by the CW thusly:
Diggle and Felicity travel to Lian Yu in search of Oliver, who left Starling City after The Undertaking. Convinced to return home, Oliver finds that things are in worse shape than he thought – Isabel Rochev is preparing a hostile takeover of Queen Consolidated, Thea refuses to visit Moira in jail, Roy is trying to fill the void left by the Arrow’s absence, and Laurel is working with the District Attorney’s office to take down the vigilante. Meanwhile, flashbacks to the island show Slade, Shado and Oliver in a desperate situation.
Gotta admit, kinda on Thea’s side on this one. I wouldn’t visit my terrorist mom in jail either. We’ll fire up the fun at 8pm Eastern: See you then!