Happy first weekend of the NFL playoffs, you guys! Isn’t this time of year awesome, despite the two less than thrilling games that were played yesterday?! (We have faith that today’s games will be much more enthralling.) Since we’re halfway through wildcard weekend, we thought we should have a real live NFL player answer our little questionaire. Enter: Pro Bowl safety Ryan Clark of the Pittsburgh Steelers, who also happens to hail from the New Orleans area (Westbank, where y’at?!) and played his college ball at LSU (Geaux Tigers!).
In addition to his exploits on the field, Clark has worked hard to raise money for Sickle Cell trait — an affliction from which he suffers — research and is quite active in the NFL’s Play 60 initiative. For his charitable work, Clark was recently named the Steelers 2012 Walter Payton Man of the Year. He also appeared as one of the players for the fictional Gotham Rogues team in The Dark Knight Rises.
Ryan was also nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few of our questions.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Michelob Ultra. It’s festive, yet has low carbs.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
My wife — @writehereyonkee
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Scandal, Elementary, Castle
4. It’s your last meal – what are you going out with?
Fried chicken, corn, mash
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
NFL.com, ESPN.com, and anywhere I can shop
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
It varies for the time of year. But right now it’s “Look What You’ve Done” by Drake.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
8. What’s your favorite meme?
I don’t have one.
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Justin Bieber. Only person I’ve seen in concert. Twice.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Mountain of Silence
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Give birth to me
13. South Park or Family Guy?
South Park. I used to watch it in college.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Whatever the kids picked. I’m a home body.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it is on?
16. Android or iPhone?
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
My parents’ house. Cooked by my pops.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Wreck it Ralph
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Lisa Turtle from “Saved by the Bell”
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage were coming to your house for dinner?
Anything that he wanted as long as he agreed to do “Face Off” lines with me.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.