According to Page Six, George Clooney, best known for being really handsome and having nipples, is engaged to his girlfriend of less than a year, Lebanon-born lawyer Amal Alamuddin. You should expect a phone call from your grieving mom in any minute. “Everybody be cool. Mom…be cool.”
Alamuddin, 36, was spotted showing off an engagement ring as she and Clooney, 52, dined at Nobu in Malibu on Thursday night with Cindy Crawford and husband Rande Gerber.
A source told Page Six, “George and Amal hoped keep the engagement quiet, but they can’t hide the fact that they are very happy.” (Via)
It’s unknown if this is how Clooney proposed:
But we’ll just assume it is. Here’s what you need to know about Alamuddin:
1. She’s trilingual (English, Arabic, and French).
2. She’s a “barrister specializing in international law, human rights, extradition, and criminal law. She has represented clients in cases before the International Criminal Court, the International Court of Justice and the European Court of Human Rights, as well as in domestic courts in the UK and US.” (Via)
3. She was voted “London’s hottest female barrister,” which OK?
4. She represented Julian Assange in court.
5. She won’t answer Eriq La Salle’s phone calls, either.
They’re a perfect match.