Matthew Willig is a former NFL offensive lineman who played 14 seasons with the Carolina Panthers, New York Jets, Atlanta Falcons, Green Bay Packers, St. Louis Rams, and San Francisco 49ers. During that time, Willig played in two Super Bowls, one with the Rams and the other with the Panthers. Currently, he’s an actor perhaps best known for portraying Lash on ABC’s Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and can be seen in Concussion, currently in theaters, playing former NFL player Justin Strzelczyk, one of the first football players to be identified as having suffered brain injuries during his time in the NFL.
Matthew was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
A shot of Jägermeister, whatever the person sitting next to me is drinking, and an enema! Ha!
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
Dwayne Johnson….I can’t follow myself, right??
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
This season of Kingdom……And some porn, when my kids aren’t around.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Three double meats, extra spread ONLY and a vanilla shake from In N Out….And chili fries from Tommy’s (another LA fave).
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
IMDb (for my work)…..ZAPPOS (for my size 17 feet)…..And School Speak (to see what homework the girls have this week).
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
TOOL! If you’re a fan…then you’re a friend!!
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable?”
Kanye West….right in the nose!!!
8. What’s the last thing you googled?
Matthew Willig….I’ve been accused of being slightly narcissistic……OKAY…NOW I’M GOOGLING HOW TO SPELL NARCISSISTIC!!!
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
I haven’t had it yet….But I’ve really enjoyed a few TOOL, PANTERA, GODSMACK and STP (rest in peace, Scott Weiland) shows.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Book?? What is this book you speak of??
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Raised me with love, attention, discipline and strength! My parents!!
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Neither now….South Park way back in the late night munch phase.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Sleep till 9 a.m., quick workout….golf at noon with an extended 19th hole….nighttime poker game till 2 a.m.! Freakin’ awesome day, BUT I’m tired just writing it!
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
There are so many….Any OCEAN’S movie…GODFATHER…USUAL SUSPECTS!! Love me some Verbal Kint.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Los Angeles KINGS!! Go Kings Go! And the USC Trojans (my alma mater, fight on!).
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
On a plate! (www.instantrimshot.com)
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
CONCUSSION….(currently in theaters nationwide).
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Farrah Fawcett! The red one piece shot! For a 10-year-old, uummmmm yeah!
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
F#$@ him…What would he cook ME!!!????
PREVIOUSLY: Susie Abromeit