THE LAKERS WILL WIN IT ALL
It just feels like now is the time, doesn’t it? As the Lakers rolled into the Finals last year, there was a little something in the back of everyone’s mind that it wasn’t all quite perfect in Laker-land. They had no Andrew Bynum, and Pau Gasol meshing with the team was still a work in progress.
They head into 2008-09 with a Team USA gold-plated Kobe Bryant, who won on the world’s biggest stage. They have a full preseason to gel with Pau, and Bynum is back 100 percent and has put in some serious time in the weight room.
If all the pieces mesh, and if Kobe stays healthy, they will be tough to beat.
Should the Lakers be considered the front-runner to win the title?
The New “Best Season Ever”
1. Chris Paul will win MVP…
2. …but Paul Pierce will prove he’s the best player in the world
3. The Clippers are alive
4. Ron Artest will get some MVP votes
5. Vince Carter will give a damn
6. The return of rivalries
7. The NBA has never had so much young talent
8. You have to keep an eye on the Euroleague
9. Dwyane Wade is back
10. Kevin Durant will lead the NBA in scoring
11. Stephen Jackson has a team of his own