Last week, Arrow had plenty of heroine-on-heroine violence. And this week, it finally delivers what it’s been teasing us with all along: Deathstroke is about to lay down some ass-kicking. Here’s a quick overview of what’s been happening, and what to expect tonight.
Last week in Starling City:
- Helena Bertinelli returned, beat up Black Canary, beat up Ollie, and then got the sads when she didn’t get to kill her father.
- Laurel was used as bait to lure out the Huntress, and managed to blackmail her new boss into giving her the job she was eminently unqualified for back.
- Roid tried to break up with Thea because he can’t control his berzerker rage. To Thea’s credit, she saw right through him.
- Slade abducts Thea at the end of the episode in a method that just reinforces the Queen women find Slade far too attractive.
- And on Flashback Island, Ollie gets tortured a lot with jumper cables and Sara decides to give Slade the ship’s engineer.
This episode actually promises to be fairly interesting, not least because it appears Thea will be learning a few fun facts about her brother. It also heralds the return of Summer Glau, who hasn’t been in this show for nearly half the season. We’re assuming this isn’t a coincidence.
In lieu of our normal preview, we’ll instead pass on this heavily enhanced version, found by stalwart liveblog companion Eatz:
The shenanigans start at 8pm EST. Join us, won’t you?