Paula Pell is a writer/producer probably best known for her work on Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock, and Parks and Recreation. Pell is also noted for penning Sisters, which stars Amy Poehler and Tina Fey as siblings who decide to throw one last party in their family home before their parents sell it. Sisters is now available on Blu-ray and DVD.
Paula was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Either a delicious red wine or a dirty martini with KettleOne.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
Rob Delaney. He always makes me laugh like Santa.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
My soaps. Young and The Restless and Bold and The Beautiful. Mom and I call each other if something really juicy happens.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
A simple bowl of sauce-forward homemade pasta with red sauce and an arugula salad with lemon and olive oil. My eyes and mouth are now watering.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
I look on Deadline a couple times a week. I go on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram because I’m young and cool. I don’t need to look at Cute Overload because my house is full of cute-ass animals.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
Right now “How Big How Blue How Beautiful” by Florence and the Machine and a live version of “Old Man” by a young Neil Young.
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
Speak your mind out loud and not just into your pillow. Trust your thoughts and feelings. Love yourself like you love your favorite people.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
“Who are the best vets in West Hollywood?”
9. Dogs or cats?
Lucy- pit bull with a crooked and perfect face
William- low rider beagle basset, desperate for hugs at all times
Toki- wise and gorgeous 18 yr. old Siamese
Missy- tiny and chubby black codependent black cat
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Elton John in a small venue and Patty Griffin every time.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
I like to give beautiful art/photography coffee table books as gifts.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
I had never had a surprise party and during the Sisters premiere week in NYC my nieces and friend Michelle threw me a surprise party that made me so happy.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Hang with animals, get sun, laugh and talk and relax with someone I feel like myself around.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Terms of Endearment.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
My alma mater, UT Volunteers, Lady Vols.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
The first time I ever went to Katsuya. I think I dreamed about it after.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Sisters with my family.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Sylvester Stallone in the first Rocky. I was obsessed. I used to draw pictures of him.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Probably cheese and crackers and some cerignola olives and then I would say “Let’s eat outside, it’s beautiful out.” And then when he goes out I’d lock the door and hide. (I don’t really cook much.)
PREVIOUSLY: Titus Welliver