Tonight, on the With Leather WWE Raw open discussion thread:
Get your inner 10-year-old ready, because not one, but two legends of the squared circle are returning to WWE’s flagship show this Monday. The impending arrivals of both The Undertaker and Hulk Hogan are sure to carry major implications for WrestleMania 30, especially since both Superstars will be on hand to address their respective tasks at The Show of Shows – Undertaker’s match against Brock Lesnar, and Hogan’s duties as host.
Speaking of WrestleMania, Daniel Bryan’s bid for a “Game”-changing match on The Grandest Stage of Them All faces more resistance than ever before; can the “YES!” man overcome his latest humiliation at The Authority’s hands? Here’s WWE.com’s Five-Point Preview for Raw, and be sure to check out WWE Network’s live Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET for further insight, and Backstage Pass to see Raw’s aftermath at 11:00 ET. (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. My inner 10-year old liked Sting. What’re the chances he’ll be on this episode, too?
2. The WWE.com five-point preview mentions the New Age Outlaws evoking their “rematch clause” (one of the dumbest deus ex machina tropes in wrestling) in a losing effort on Main Event and wonders whether or not they’ll try again on Raw. As anybody who watches WWE knows, there’s only one observed rule: if it doesn’t happen on Raw, it didn’t happen.
3. The Shield break-up/turmoil/whatever continues tonight, and I will try not to turn off Raw and listen to Joni Mitchell records as a response.
4. Hulk Hogan will have a special announcement. I hope it’s “no more playpen rings, brother” and WWE adopting a 3-sided, triangular ring.
5. Are we hijacking anything this week? More importantly, can we argue with each other about it for another week?
As always, the 10 best comments from tonight’s open discussion thread will be featured in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of WWE Raw column. Nominate your favorites for consideration by replying to them with +1, won’t you?
Enjoy the show, everybody.