Donald Trump doesn’t have what you’d call a groundswell of support from black Americans. He’s polled at zero percent in Ohio and Pennsylvania among black voters, and was polled at two percent nationwide, lower than Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson and Green party candidate Jill Stein. Maybe people remember how he refused to rent apartments to people of color. Maybe telling black people to vote for him because “it can’t get any worse” seemed just a tad bit insulting. Maybe all the white people holding “Blacks For Trump” signs at rallies made the state of things clear. Or the KKK endorsement.
Or maybe it’s just all the things Donald Trump has done, combined with the fact that he still secured the nomination, that has many people making a side eye and throwing some shade. On Twitter, people have been asking if any of his behavior would slide if Trump were black. The hashtag picked up steam on Thursday, but it started all the way back in April with this one:
We’ve collected some of the #IfTrumpWereBlack highlights below.
- Melania Trump Vows To End The Reign Of ‘Mean’ Cyberbullies, And The Internet Can’t Handle The Irony
- Donald Trump Gives A Big League Makeover To Books When Twitter ‘Trumps’ A Novel
- Twitter Imagined Tremendous Books Through A Donald Trump Filter With #TrumpBookReport
- The Funniest Tweets About The Third Presidential Debate
- The Internet Is Having A Good Time Making Fun Of Donald Trump’s ‘Bad Hombres’ Quip
- Twitter Got Salty With Donald Trump’s Request That ‘Muslims Report Stuff’
- The Funniest Tweets About Sunday Night’s Presidential Debate
- Here’s Donald Trump Creepily Lurking Uncomfortably Close To Hillary Clinton During The Debate
- The Funniest Tweets About Monday Night’s Presidential Debate
- Donald Trump’s Sniffling During The Debate Is Driving Everyone Crazy