For football fans, this year’s Super Bowl was a depressing snooze. For comedy fans, it provided a treasure trove of material for some of the funniest people on Twitter. Here’s a roundup of the best tweets (and one Facebook post) from tonight’s blowout. Admit it: you should’ve just stuck with the Puppy Bowl.
Denver could tie it up here with a rule change.
– Steve Martin (@SteveMartinToGo) February 3, 2014
After Seahawks win, I hope Richard Sherman makes Malcolm X sound like Bambi & then Macklemore hops on his shoulders & they ascend to heaven.
– rob delaney (@robdelaney) February 2, 2014
Is it weird to say, I wish Bruno Mars was my son
– Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling) February 3, 2014
No spoilers for Superbowl XLVIII. I’m only halfway through Superbowl XXII.
– Stephen Colbert (@StephenAtHome) February 2, 2014
I wish GG Allin had lived long enough to license “I Kill Everything I Fuck” for a Doritos ad. #SuperBowl
– Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) February 3, 2014
It’s cool to see Bruno Mars perform a medley of all his songs I don’t know.
– Michael Ian Black (@michaelianblack) February 3, 2014
This game is so sad I feel like I read about in an open letter by Dylan Farrow. #SuperBowl
– Morgan Murphy (@morgan_murphy) February 3, 2014