We know and love/hate (mostly hate) Donald Trump as the potential 45th president, but did you know the rest of the world has a bone to pick with him as well? He’s let loose on a lot of people, places, and races, and he certainly ruffled a few feathers when he called for a ban of Muslims into the United States. In fact, a few very vocal members of British Parliament let their own opinions on Trump fly during a debate as to whether or not they should ban him from the U.K.
While the reason for the ban would be because of Trump’s controversial stance, the discussion opened the door for some hilarious takedowns, said before their national government. Here are some of the best.
- “Donald Trump is a fool. He is free to be a fool. He is not free to be a dangerous fool on our shores.”
- “Let’s be clear: Donald Trump is an idiot.”
- “You don’t need a crystal ball to recognize that the person you’re dealing with may be a successful businessman, is also a buffoon.”
- “While I think this man is crazy, while I think this man has no valid points to make…”
- “If he met one or two of my constituents…then they may tell him that he is a wazzock.”
Even the Prime Minister David Cameron called him out, saying “I think his remarks are divisive, stupid, and wrong, and I think if he came to visit our country, I think he’d unite us all against him.”
So while Trump wasn’t officially banned, it’s clear he doesn’t have strong support among the British government. Plus, they got “wazzock” on an official transcript, which doesn’t get used enough in politics.