Chelsey Crisp is an actress probably best known for portraying Honey on ABC’s Fresh Off the Boat. You may have also seen her in guest-starring roles on shows like Happy Endings, Rizzoli & Isles, NCIS, NCIS: New Orleans, Mike and Molly and The Office. Fresh Off the Boat airs on Tuesday nights at 8:30 p.m. EST on ABC.
Chelsey was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Pinot Noir, a dirty martini or sake are my go-to drinks.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
@MarkAgee on Twitter makes me laugh at least 10 times a day. Trust me & follow him.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
Last Week Tonight, Fargo, The Leisure Class.
4. It’s your last meal – what are you going out with?
Spaghetti at the chef’s counter at Scarpetta w/ a big fat glass of pinot noir.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
I just checked – TheDailyShow, Pinterest, Facebook, Amazon & ESPN.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“Pressure Suit” by Aqualung. This can be proven by one of the Fresh Off The Boat writers who caught me belting this song out in my car in LA traffic a couple weeks ago.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable?”
I kind of want to punch myself for being too chicken-shit to answer this question honestly.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
I searched for a movie my buddies are making called The 60 Yard Line to see how much longer I have to wait for it to come out.
9. Dogs or cats?
Go visit @cuteemergency & tell me how anyone can make this Sophie’s choice.
10. Best concert of your life was…
Does live comedy count? If so, Bill Burr at the Wiltern. If not, Bill Burr at the Wiltern.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Anything by David Sedaris.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Every time my boyfriend comes home he asks if there’s anything I need on his way. It’s a daily kindness that gets me every time.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
How lucky are we to live a world where we don’t have to make this choice?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
I would turn off my phone, play my favorite music & cook up a storm.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
The Room, especially if my friend Katie Elsaesser is over. She LOVES that movie.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Arizona Cardinals, Stanford Football and my fantasy team – The Phoenix WonderKittens. (That last one only counts until they let me down in the playoffs.)
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
There’s a pizza place in North Hollywood called Little Toni’s that holds a special place in my heart! When my comedy troupe Duchess Riot was just getting started, we’d head there after shows to re-hash our improv wins and misses.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
I just saw Miss You Already by Catherine Hardwicke this week & it’s wonderful. I went with a group of girlfriends and I highly recommend that!
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
I had a poster of Lance Bass on my wall & I cried when he took Danielle Fishel to prom. You can imagine how well I took his later relationship news.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
I would cook my best friend Erin Muroski’s favorite meal, because there’s no way Nic Cage would be at my house without her being there.
PREVIOUSLY: Russell Peters