Michael Vartan is an actor perhaps best known for his portrayal of Michael Vaughn on Alias, along with his portrayal of Dr. Tim Burke on Friends. More recently, Vartan starred opposite Jada Pinkett Smith in TBS’ Hawthorne and is set to join the cast of A&E‘s Bates Motel in the show’s second season (which debuts March 3, 2014), where he’ll play the new romantic interest for Vera Farmiga’s character, Norma.
Michael was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
Depends on the bar. Different places put you in the mood for different things.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Lots of Anthony Bourdain- No Reservations, Parts Unknown, The Layover, think I’ve seen them all, never gets old. Chopped, sports…
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Probably pasta or pizza, something with lots of melted cheese.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
NHL, Humane Society, Reuters, Ebay, or any site with more pictures than words.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
Don’t really have one song in particular, lots of ELO, Queen, Stones, most classic rock, hip hop, blues, jazz, anything but country or reggae.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
The one in the mirror.
8. What’s your favorite meme?
Wtf is a meme?
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
I guess it depends on the person, anything relevant or of interest to a friend, self help for my family.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
That’s a tough one, I’ve been blessed with amazing friends, family and animals over the years.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Both, can I do both?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
I’m an actor, most of my days involve doing whatever I want and mostly waiting by the phone for my agents to call sobbing uncontrollably.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Midnight Run, Godfather I & II
16. Android or iPhone?
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Fiore di Zucca in Rome
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Underdog, Yeah that’s right, I had a crush on a dog…whatever. Oh, also Jaclyn Smith.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Something that would ensure he was “Gone in Sixty Seconds”… see what I did there?
(Previously: Anders Holm)