As you may have heard, Daft Punk’s new album, Random Access Memories, was officially released earlier this week after months of hype. You most probably first heard it when a full album stream hit the internet and later when tracks started popping up on blogs everywhere. Obviously, everyone has an opinion on the end result (including Josh), but now comes the fun part: the remixes, mashups and covers.
It’s surprising that anyone would mess with the duo’s music so quickly, but then again there are already so many great takes on the lead single, “Get Lucky,” and a few other key tracks from the album. Have you heard Daughter’s cover yet? No, then pull out your headphones or turn up the speakers and get clicking through this slideshow.
The most surprising but welcome rendition of Daft Punk’s killer first single, “Get Lucky,” is by the English indie folk group, Daughter. The band turns the funky track into an angsty, melodic tune. More please!
Of course their cover just resulted in more remixes, like this one:
Here’s your party starter in one short, jamming mash up. Robin Skouteris mixes together classic tunes with some new pop variety all based around the sound of “Get Lucky.”
The mashup includes:
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky (feat. Pharell Williams & Neil Rodgers)
- Madonna – Holiday
- Justin Timberlake feat. Jay Z – Suit & Tie
- Michael Jackson – Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough
- Chic – Good Times
- Indeep – Last Night A DJ Saved My Life
- Rick Astley – Never Gonna Give You Up
- KC & The Sunshine Band – Get Down Tonight
- Neneh Cherry – Buffalo Stance
- Isaac Hayes – Shaft Theme
- Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen – Good Time
- Daft Punk – Around The World
- Michael Jackson – Rock With You
- Madonna – Celebration
- US3 – Cantaloop
- Lipps Inc. – Funky Town
- B.T. Express – Give Up The Funk
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky (Vanderway Edit)
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky (VJ & Sofia Edit)
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky (Drop Out Orchestra Edit)
The Vanderway edit of the title track from Daft Punk’s new album transforms the track into a slick dance tune. It just perfects what was great already.
This live version of “Get Lucky” by Atlas Genius is another excellent cover. Here the group strips down the song and delivers it in an acoustic performance. Into it!
The Hood Internet didn’t even wait for the full song to come out before mashing it up with Justin Timberlake’s “Suit And Tie.” The remix team just used the sample from the SNL commercial. Boom.