Though it may seem like they never truly went away — constant touring will do that — The Rolling Stones actually haven’t released an album in eleven years. That’s going to change in December when Mick, Keef, Charlie and Ronnie return with Blue and Lonesome.
The legendary band revealed the long-rumored album of blues covers will drop on December 12 and shared the first taste of it with a snippet of the track that opens the album. The band’s take on Little Walter’s 1960 song “Just Your Fool” is a rollicking juke joint number, and bodes well for the idea that the band can slip back into that blues mold that birthed them after so many years away.
The tracklist reveals a who’s who of legendary blues players from Howlin’ Wolf to Lightnin’ Slim and features two guest appearances from another blues-indebted rock legend, Eric Clapton.
Check out the full Blue and Lonesome tracklist below:
1. “Just Your Fool” (Little Walter cover)
2. “Commit a Crime” (Howlin’ Wolf cover)
3. ‘Blue and Lonesome” (Little Walter cover)
4. “All of Your Love” (Magic Sam cover)
5. “I Gotta Go” (Little Walter cover)
6. “Everybody Knows About My Good Thing” (feat. Eric Clapton) (Little Johnny Taylor cover)
7. “Ride ‘Em on Down” (Eddie Taylor cover)
8. “Hate to See You Go” (Little Walter cover)
9. “Hoo Doo Blues” (Lightnin’ Slim cover)
10. “Little Rain” (Jimmy Reed cover)
11. “Just Like I Treat You” (Howlin’ Wolf cover)
12. “I Can’t Quit You, Baby” (feat. Eric Clapton) (Otis Rush cover)