Morning Links Can Put It In My Video

06.23.11 6 years ago 7 Comments

Change the name of the team to the “Los Angeles Puffins of Anaheim”. F**k you, I watched that show.

Sports

With Leather & Draftstreet are Giving Away Money – In case you missed yesterday’s most important post (no, not the one about the Texas Rangers wearing sunglasses), we’re having another fantasy game on Friday, and this time everybody’s playing. Jump over to The Smoking Section and take Gotty’s™ word for it, then follow his link to Free Money On The Internet. [Smoking Section]

Biggie Smalls Lives Through a Lacrosse Announcer – While you’re there, make sure to watch this video of a guy who has heard the greatest hits of the Notorious B.I.G. and wants to tell you about it. I need to start podcasting so you guys can find out how many rap lyrics I know. (spoiler: a lot) [Smoking Section]

The Dugout: Old Man and The Sea – Best and Worst of Fake Underwear Fighting takes a lot of time to produce, so I’m thinking “Wednesday, Thursday, Friday” as the weekly Dugout schedule. Sound good? Comment on this and I’ll make it happen. [The Dugout]

Keyboard Warriors #3: The Ream – After you’ve satiated my need for instant, constant feedback, check out the only officially licensed branch of people ripping off The Dugout. Read it, then read any of the site’s comments sections for continued hilarity. [Cage Potato]

Not Sports

The Ten Worst Answers for Best Show on Television – I legitimately feel sorry for someone who thinks “Chuck” is the best show on television, bless their heart. There are a lot of good shows on television, but the very best one stars April motherf**king Ludgate. If she tried to rape meh, I would not fight back. [Warming Glow]

Futurama Returns Tonight – What’s On Tonight: one of my favorite shows of all time (because my favorite part of any Simpsons episode is the physics jokes) returns with new episodes. If it’s like any other season of Futurama, it will start off shifty, then get amazing. [Comedy Central]

Keanu Reeves Cashing In On Sad Keanu Meme – The quickest way to create your own Sad Keanu meme: watch Much Ado About Nothing. I appreciate a bad Keanu Reeves performance as much as the next guy, but holy sh** dude, what were you thinking? [Uproxx]

The Best of 60s Spider-Man Meme – Fun Fact: Though I wasn’t alive to watch it when it aired, the 1960s Spider-Man cartoon is one of the funniest things in history to me. I think it has something to do with him having no web lines on his chest, and how I’ve never done drugs, but the show makes me feel like I have. [Gamma Squad]

Around The Web

The Fascinating Rise Of Third Man Records As The Most Influential Vinyl Label In America

03.21.17 4 days ago 2 Comments

A Little Booze And A Lot Of Big Ideas Are Keeping Movie Theaters Relevant

03.17.17 1 week ago 7 Comments

The Unheralded True Story Of The NBA’s First Black Player

03.14.17 2 weeks ago

How TV And Evolving Media Technology Changed The American Presidency

03.07.17 3 weeks ago 2 Comments

How The Spice Girls’ Legacy Of ‘Girl Power’ Paved The Way For Women To Dominate Pop

02.27.17 4 weeks ago 4 Comments

How Keeping Austin Weird Turned Into A Widespread Phenomenon

02.15.17 1 month ago 12 Comments

How Kevin Gates Went From Underground To Platinum In A Year And Changed The Game In The Process

02.02.17 2 months ago 6 Comments

Look For The Star: How Starter Jackets Became The Iconic Clothing Of The Early ’90s

01.31.17 2 months ago 10 Comments

‘Dream, Try, Do Good’: The Oral History Of ‘Boy Meets World’

01.31.17 2 months ago 6 Comments

How Frank Barsalona Created The Modern Rock Concert And Got Himself Into The Hall Of Fame

01.30.17 2 months ago

The Story Behind Gus Fring’s Stunningly Explosive Moment On ‘Breaking Bad’

and 01.30.17 2 months ago 5 Comments

How Toronto’s Boosie Fade Transformed From A Rap DJ Night Into A Digital Movement

01.12.17 2 months ago

Infiltrating The Bills Mafia To Find Out Why Fans Keep Supporting The NFL’s Most Hopeless Team

01.01.17 3 months ago 8 Comments

From Ray Charles To Jimi Hendrix: How Seattle Helped Create R&B And Rock And Roll

01.01.17 3 months ago 6 Comments

‘Stop Crying And Fight Your Father’: ‘Seinfeld’ Writers Tell How Festivus Came To Be

and 12.23.16 3 months ago 12 Comments

The Lasting Impact Of Adidas Tearaway Pants On Hip-Hop And A Hoops Generation

12.08.16 4 months ago 2 Comments

Understanding The History And The Motivations Behind The Standing Rock Protests

12.02.16 4 months ago 6 Comments

How Do We Combat The Intensifying War On Science?

and 11.30.16 4 months ago 30 Comments