In case you missed the “Entourage” series finale, congratulations. The resolution is the same as it was every week: everything worked out great for everyone. (And in case you’re wondering what song played over the final scene, HBO went deep into its pockets to shell out for Led Zeppelin’s “Going to California.”) Here’s how the AV Club summed it up:
- E is back with Sloan.
- Ari is back with his wife about whom I never cared enough to learn her name.
- Vince is with some beautiful and intelligent and SANE woman with a British accent OR SOME ACCENT I DON’T KNOW HOW TO TELL WHAT ACCENTS ARE.
- Drama likes da pusssaaaaaayyy.
- Lloyd is still working as an agent at the company Ari just quit and gave over to Babs via yelling.
- Billy Walsh appeared long enough for me to be like, “Remember the fake penis?”
- Everyone lied to everyone else, and somehow, this qualifies as resolution.
What this scene from Joe Mande presupposes is, “What if these horrible, selfish, two-dimensional characters died in a plane wreck?” I watched this video knowing full well what would happen, but I happily laughed all the same because — for just the briefest of moments — I imagined a world where we wouldn’t have to deal with the inevitable “Entourage” movie. It was beautiful.