Michael Emerson is an actor perhaps best known for his Emmy Award-winning portrayal of Ben Linus on ABC’s Lost. You may also remember him from The Practice, a role which also garnered Emerson an Emmy. Currently he stars on CBS’ Person of Interest, the fifth season of which premieres tonight at 9 EST.
Michael was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
I don’t follow anyone on social media.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
Reign, Elementary, Better Call Saul.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Family dinner at Del Posto.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Dictionary.com, Translation.com, Latin proverbs, IMDb, Project Gutenberg, Letters of Note, Complete Works of Shakespeare.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“Having a Party” by Lee “Scratch” Perry
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
“It’s your one-and-only life and you are responsible for your own happiness.”
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
The English meaning of the Icelandic word “Einstök.”
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Iggy Pop, New York Palladium, 1979
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Labyrinths by Borges.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Forgiven me and then truly forgotten.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
The Wizard of Oz to name just one.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Iowa Hawkeyes, LA Dodgers.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Del Posto, NYC
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
I would cook up an excuse to meet him in a crowded public space.
PREVIOUSLY: Jon Lajoie