The Walking Dead is sooooo close to returning for the second half of its sixth season, with the mid-season premiere going down Sunday, February 14 – Valentine’s Day. It sounds like the folks at AMC are setting up a litmus test to see whether your significant other truly is your soulmate. I wouldn’t break up with someone who refused to stay in and watch The Walking Dead live, but it’s certainly something I’d take into consideration before popping the question.
If that special someone is still on the fence with your geeky Sunday plans, maybe try a little foreplay: get them in the mood for things by showing them this great video featuring 107 Walking Dead factoids. My personal favorites:
- The Walking Dead logo in the opening title has been decaying season by season, just like the zombies on the show.
- Norman Reedus has Andrew Lincoln’s beard shavings in his fridge, along with Hershel actor Scott Wilson’s ponytail.
- The clocks and watches in the background of the show match up to the season and episode being shown. So a clock showing 5:07 is from the seventh episode of season five.
- Michonne actress Danai Gurira actually smashed Rick in the head during their confrontation in the Alexandria Safe-Zone.
- Animal rights activists were on set to make sure a worm Norman Reedus is shown eating didn’t actually get eaten. He had to spit rather than swallow.
- Morgan actor Lenny James was taught to fight with the staff by Stephen Ho, one of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Norman Reedus cried for an hour before shooting Beth’s death scene.