This Woman Accidentally Poured Superglue In Her Eye Instead Of Eye Drops

Life & Culture Editor
10.09.15 17 Comments

If you’re someone (like me) who cannot handle anything near, in, or around your eye, you’re going to need to sit down for this one. That’s because the story you’re about to read is not only terrifying, it’s true. And while the person at the center of the incident involving Visine, superglue, and a leaf blower is totally fine, you’re probably going to need to think twice before putting both eye drops and superglue into the same bag ever again.

Fox 59 reports that a Florida woman named Katherine Gaydos was outside when a man with a leaf blower accidentally blew some debris into her face, forcing some type of junk into her eye. Fortunately, Gaydos had some Visine with her, so she asked the dude with the leaf blower to get it out of her purse and pour it up into her socket to get it clean. Unfortunately—and this is the part you might want to sit down for—the guy with the leaf blower accidentally grabbed a tube of superglue and, without looking, just poured the entire thing into her eye. You know what that feels like? Apparently, it burns. And, yeah, it’ll glue your eye closed.

Gaydos told WPBF that she called for medical assistance immediately, but couldn’t get help because of previous non-payment issues. So her eye remained glued shut for nine days. Then, after she made the news, the doctor’s office called her back in to help. Here’s what happened:

“It was the same office, but a different doctor,” Gaydos said. “He put Lidocaine above and below my eye and just pulled on it until it finally opened.”

Gaydos said the doctor told her to come back Friday to get the glue scraped off her cornea.

“He said I should get my sight back, and not have permanent damage,” Gaydos said.

All of that sounds awful. Good thing she’ll be able to see again.

(Via Fox 59)

 

Around The Web