On this day, 23 years ago, Shelly and Jeff Upton had a daughter, Kate. You may have heard of her. It’s hard to believe that she’s only 23, considering it feels like she’s been an internet mainstay since Al Gore first logged onto the Information Super Highway, or however it happened.
Upton started modeling in 2010, but didn’t go “viral,” as the kids say, until a year later, when she was recorded doing the Dougie at a Clippers game. They won, and so did we. In honor of her birthday, let’s take a look back at all the times she’s broken the internet, as the ironic kids say.
1. The aforementioned Dougie.
2. When she rejected #brand robot Darren Rovell on live TV.
3. The Cat Daddy was fun, until it wasn’t.
4. The most TMZ of TMZ headlines.
5. Every family’s Easter tradition: watching this video.
6. No one has won the Sobe staring contest.
7. Carl’s Jr’s sales increased by 475 percent after this commercial
8. Kate Upton…IN SPACE.
9. She broke it, not necessarily in a good way, with her never-ending Game of War ad.
10. Her new friendship with Alexandria Daddario (that movie will make $2 billion)