Another week, another advancing threat to humanity. Also fruit flies get wasted for their health. Who knew?
- The Swedish have created an artificial intelligence with an IQ of 150. It still can’t explain the popularity of Nicki Minaj.
- Dutch scientists have used nanotechnology to turn plants into the basic elements of common plastics.
- Skate fish scales and human teeth are apparently almost exactly genetically alike.
- Fruit flies can diagnose themselves with intestinal parasites…and then get drunk until they die.
- We’ve made a smart bomb for cancer: it’s a robot that looks like a clam and is made out of DNA.
- Astronomers are discovering that exoplanets may occasionally take a walk.
- Dark matter is like the Force: inside us and all around us, according to a new study
- And finally, somebody got around to figuring out that competitive eaters have forced their stomachs to change in how they operate.
Got any mad science we missed? Hit the comments and let us know!
image courtesy San Jose Library on Flickr