The Rock Had To Put His Puppy Brutus Down After It Ingested Poisonous Mushrooms

Just yesterday, we mentioned The Rock’s adorable puppies Brutus and Hobbs, after the huge, tough guy posted a cutesy video to Instagram of tiny Hobbs refusing to be walked on a leash. As a reminder to how quickly and terribly one’s world can change in an instant, this afternoon, Rock posted this photo of himself cradling Brutus at the vet, where the puppy had to be taken Monday night after ingesting poisonous mushrooms. Unfortunately, the devastating effects of the mushrooms were irreversible, and he and girlfriend Lauren Hashian had to make the difficult decision to put Brutus down.

At approximately 11:15 p.m. last night, myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace.

Our condolences to Rock and Hashian, and be sure to give your fur babies an extra tight hug today. Here is Brutus in happier times… also refusing to be walked on a leash.