Today’s installment of UPROXX Archer Week also doubles as an intro to our new weekly recurring segment where we all come together and celebrate the best animated comedy television has to offer. We’ll race to lay claim to our new favorite lines, point out obscure awesomeness others may have missed, and share the finest new media as soon as it hits the web. It will pretty much be an all out attempt to out-geek each other in real time, which for me is a step up from attempting to out-geek myself in real time.
To add to the excitement (like me replying “I swear I had something for this” to all your comments isn’t incentive enough), FX has been awesome enough to provide us with some swagtastic goodies to award to tonight’s best comment. How does Archer seasons 1 & 2 on DVD + a copy “How to Archer: The Ultimate Guide to Espionage and Style and Women and Also Cocktails Ever Written” sound? Not bad, eh? Next week I’ll try to score Aisha’s ISIS mug for a giveaway, but for tonight the winner gets these three items.
Early talking points. What do we know going into tonight’s episode?
- The three-part miniseries, “Heart of Archness,” technically represented the first three episodes of season 3, so “The Man from Jupiter” is S03E04. I think.
- Burt Reynolds!
- “The Man from Jupiter” is a play on “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.”
- Archer has returned to ISIS after disappearing in French Polynesia (and becoming a Pirate King) for three months to mourn the death of his fiance, Katya Kazanova, at the hands of cyborg Barry Dylan.
- Ray Gillette is in a wheelchair after being shot during “Heart of Archness.” I assume we are to assume this is permanent based on the S3 banner above.
- Drug tests and beat boxing…
Anything of note I’m missing before things get cranked up?
Live blogging begins at 10PM EST (sucks to be you, West Coast). Please join in on the good times. Special guests tonight include Burnsy and Josh Kurp from Warming Glow.