* For the first time since the ’89-90 season, Kentucky lost their fourth straight game. Houston’s Rob McKiver torched the Wildcats for 18 points, a shade under his 20 per game, for his team’s 10th win of the season, 83-69. The silver lining for Billy Gillispie is not only that he got 28 points from Joe Crawford and 21 points from Jodie Meeks (4-9 3FG) â€“ it’s that Rick Pitino was in his first season at the helm when UK dropped five in a row.
* For the first time since December 1st, Louisville got a win. They beat Marshall 85-75 to get Rick Pitino his 500th win, finally. Earl Clark scored a season-high 23 points, as Derrick Caracter was back in the lineup after being suspended for the Purdue game. He scored 18 points (9-11 FG).
* For the first time since the 1981-82 season, Texas is 11-0 after pick-and-rolling past Oral Roberts, 66-56. D.J. Augustin scored the majority of his team-high 24 points from the line (11-12 FT). He and A.J. Abrams combined to shoot 2-12 from deep, but picked up a boost from Connor Atchley 3-4 3FG, 16 points.
* For the first time this season, Kevin Love was perfect from the field and the free throw line, making all ten attempts on the evening (5-5 FG, 5-5 FT) for 16 points to go with his 7 boards. And one of those jumpers came from three-point land during UCLA’s 77-52 win over the Western Illinois Leathernecks.
* For the first time since their December 2nd game against USC, Kansas used less than fourteen players in a game. In Atlanta against Georgia Tech last night, Bill Self shortened his bench to include just nine players. Russell Robinson‘s senior leadership translated on the court as he led the Jayhawks with 17 points (3-6 3FG) and 3 steals.