Andy Mientus is an actor probably best known for portraying Kyle Bishop on Smash. Additionally, Mientus has a musical theater background and has starred in productions of Spring Awakenings, Carrie: The Musical and the 2014 Broadway revival of Les Misérables.
On Tuesday’s episode of CW’s The Flash, Mientus will be taking on the Scarlet Speedster in the first appearance of a longtime member of The Flash’s rogues gallery, Pied Piper. The Pied Piper first appeared in 1959 as a super villain who used sound to hypnotize his victims and, later, was also one of DC Comic’s first openly gay characters — which, we’re told, will hold true on the television series. Mientus will now take his first crack at being a super villain.
Andy was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
Jack and ginger.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
Queen Laura Benanti.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
About 45 episodes of Breaking Bad from 2011. No spoilers, guys!
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Really good fries with every condiment there is, double on the chipotle mayo.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
NYTimes.com, IGN.com, various sites for grown-ups which will remain nameless.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
“Alex Chilton” by The Replacements.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
My own, circa 2005. I worked at Abercrombie yet considered myself a Wiccan.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
Klee Kai pictures. My fiancé won’t let me get one so I spam him with pics of them being fucking adorable.
9. Dogs or cats?
I’m so bi on this issue.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Arcade Fire, Lollapalooza 2010. We spent half the day waiting to be right up front. My friend peed her pants. It was worth it.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Just Kids by Patti Smith.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
This year for Christmas, the boy gave me an ornament he MADE, which was a REPLICA of my favorite CUPCAKE. I mean, come on.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
South Park for nostalgia’s sake.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
All day in bed playing Pokemon and eating junk, go see a play, go to a gay bar and ruin everyone’s vibe by making up silly dances with my friends.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Minority Report. Mostly cause I still don’t quite get it.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Please list my answer as the emoji of the girl flipping her hair.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
My neighborhood mainstay, L’Artusi in NYC.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Into the Woods.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Sarah Michelle Gellar.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
German Pancakes, because that is the only thing I can make, Nic or no.
PREVIOUSLY: Donald Faison