Eagles Of Death Metal’s Jesse Hughes Walks Back His Claims About The Paris Terror Attacks

2016 Lollapalooza Brazil - Day 1

Getty Image

Eagles of Death Metal frontman Jesse Hughes retracted his statements claiming that security at Le Bataclan in Paris might have had advance knowledge about the attacks that killed 89 people in the venue during a wave of terrorist attacks.

Hughes first shared the idea in an interview with Fox Business Network, leading venue representatives to respond to the accusations as “defamatory” and “insane.” Hughes walked back his statements in a post on the band’s official Facebook and apologized to the staff, fans and the people of France.

“I humbly beg forgiveness from the people of France, the staff and security of the Bataclan, my fans, family, friends and anyone else hurt or offended by the absurd accusations I made in my Fox Business Channel interview,” he said in a statement on Facebook on Friday. “My suggestions that anyone affiliated with the Bataclan played a role in the events of November 13 are unfounded and baseless—and I take full responsibility for them. They do not reflect opinions of my bandmates or anyone associated with Eagles of Death Metal. The shame is 100% mine. I’ve been dealing with non-stop nightmares and struggling through therapy to make sense of this tragedy and insanity. I haven’t been myself since November 13. I realize there’s no excuse for my words, but for what it’s worth: I am sincerely sorry for having hurt, disrespected or accused anyone.”

Previously, Hughes revealed what it was like to live through the attacks and said that the tragedy could have been lessened had more fans been armed.

(via Mashable)

Around The Web