We’ll get to the NFL Draft shortly, but it seems more apropos to lead off with recappings of actual games. I know, I know. I hate it as much as you do. That’s why we’re knocking this out with bullet points. Fortunately, I put on my bullet point proof vest before coming in to work. Hey, it’s Monday morning. What do you want from me?
- Heat 101, Celtics 92, Celtics lead 3-1. Last night was the first time in seven games with the C’s that the Heat managed to pull out a win. And calling a team “The C’s” is kinda gay. Dwyane Wade had 46 points; he also shot 14 free throws. Boston shot 27. As a team. I’m not saying…I’m just saying.
- Cavaliers 121, Bulls 98, Cavs lead series 3-1. LeBron led all scorers with 37. By the way, none of these first-round series have been decided yet. Is it just me or has this round been going on for two weeks?
- Jose Aldo destroyed Urjah Faber in WEC 48 this past weekend.
- This happened. Somebody needs to explain why Matt Millen is still on TV. I don’t see a football analyst with any on-camera skill. I see the worst general manager in the history of sports.
- Vancouver, Philly, Pittsburgh and San Jose have won their first-round playoff series in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Chicago, Washington and Boston can lock up their series with wins tonight.
Oh, and the Red Sox lost, but screw them. The NFL Draft just owned most of these events on its way to setting record viewership numbers. But there were other sports going on, believe it or not, and these were those sports. If I get any draft withdrawal next week, I could just start reading random names out of a phone book. With the first pick, the Bengals select…Abbott, Aaron A. 3490 Maple Street. Oh, that guy’s got a good motor…