March Madness is coming, and a lot of people we know are running some March Madness-type stuff. We’ve listed some of our favorite contests and promotions below:
- We’ve teamed up with DraftStreet.com to present a new type of fantasy game: shorter, more dynamic and much more manageable. Draft anyone you want for this week and play live against other aspiring gamers nationwide. You could win up to $200 and my everlasting love and admiration. I’ll leave it to you to decide which is worth more.
- That Captain Morgan 2011 BracketMaster Challenge, presented by Spike.com, is still ongoing. Even though our Alexis is out of it, you can still vote for other Morganettes in the competition. Now Alexis knows how Gonzaga always felt.
- K-Swiss and Kenny Powers have teamed up for a Tournament Pick ‘Em group on Yahoo’s site; they’re calling it Tournageddon. They are giving away money to the big winners, I think, and maybe a few pairs of those new red Tubes. You might want to hit Mute before you click that link.
- Our friends at Playboy (yes, we have some) have put together a field of 64 of their own. It is very NSFW and very awesome. It’s too bad that they have exactly 64 Playmates, so your only “play in” opportunity is to enter. Prizes include trips to Playboy photo shoots and memberships to the Playboy Girls Club.
- This is also the time of year where the poker world has their Heads-Up Championship invitational tournament, which is just their way of saying “one-on-one poker.” You can view that bracket here, and even print it out, if that’s your thing.
- Oh by the way, all the big conferences are in action today and tomorrow. Find a complete listing here.
- And if you still want more after all of that, WL will be running our own tournament game, with details coming on Monday. But since all of our damn prizes seem to be won by people that never read the site, we’re not giving any away this time around. You’re basically entering because you have no other friends with whom to share a pool. Or you’re homeless.