We’re reworking our lead-off post to give you a plate full of sports news goodness every morning. We’re calling it the Morning Meat, and it will set the table for the business that With Leather gives you throughout the day. Like everything else on this site, it’s a work in progress. Img.
|Sizzling headlines straight from the griddle|
With MLB’s Roids Era Over…What now? Homerun numbers have been shaved down, but are still above and beyond the days of yore. With the juicing era supposedly over, how can this be accounted for? Size doesn’t always matter (yes, it does!).
Vols Fans Don’t Hold Grudges At All. Knoxville is still reeling from the betrayal of Lane Kiffin, and they want the Nation to know all about it. A lawyer is petitioning to have a sewage center named after Kiffin. If it goes through, he will be forever immortalized as a piece of garbage. Well done, Vols!
Shall He Overcome? Andy Roddick is all grows up, and has gone from bratty to “a character” at the ripe old age of 27. Plagued by a knee injury, the question is: can he win? Roddick speaks candidly about his career and the state of tennis.
Was She, or Wasn’t She? Deadspin engaged one of its most astute panty forensics detectives to uncover the truth about Venus: was she wearing panties at the Australian Open? Inquiring minds and voyeurs want to know.
Helping Haiti. Albert Pujols brings humility into focus for athletes. He scolds the media and public for focusing on on Big Mac’s steroid scandal, when there is a crisis in Haiti. Pujols, along with Alonzo Mourning, Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul and Gilbert Arenas are all big name contributors in the relief efforts. Take a look at what they–and others–are doing to help.
|Sunny-side up scores containing at least one 0|
|No breakfast is complete without some links!|
- If you still can’t figure out what’s going on with the whole Coco/Leno fiasco, let Taiwan explain it to you using creepy animation and a language you probably can’t understand. Warming Glow.
- There may be seas of liquid diamond on Neptune and Uranus. In a related story: Earth is lame. Gamma Squad.
- Mel Gibson is making a movie about Vikings. As long as Brad Childress isn’t attached it should be a success. Film Drunk.
- It warms the heart to know that people celebrated MLK in a way that would’ve made him proud: by shooting someone at a party in “his honor”. The Rap Up.
- Even Jennifer Lopez can’t make George Lopez’s material funny. Inside TV.
- The Chinese government pulled Avatar from a whole slug of 2D screens. Why? Because they can. Inside Movies.
- Bron-Bron isn’t participating in the dunk contest at All-Star Weekend. Someone doesn’t like criticism…Bleacher Report.
- Gallery of hot cheerleaders from around the NFL. Hint: The Bills really do suck at everything. Bleacher Report.
Tips? Okay, but that’s it. Anything more and I’ll have to turn you in to HR: WithLeather-Tips@Uproxx.com