Jaleel White is an actor, writer and TV host best known for his portrayal of Steve Urkel on Family Matters and for his turn as a contestant on Dancing with the Stars. Currently he’s the host of Syfy’s Total Blackout, a game show in which contestants attempt challenges in complete darkness. The show returned to the air for its second season last week after garnering the highest ratings of any new Syfy show in 2012. It airs Tuesday nights at 10pm EST.
Jaleel was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently and answer a few of our questions.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
Jack & Ginger. Or Champagne & St. Germain if the place is fancy schmancy ;-)
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
@PimpBillClinton is a guilty pleasure. But really artists whose legacies inspire me i.e. @SteveMartinToGo
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
The Eddie Murphy Tribute on Spike. And episodes of #TotalBlackout on Syfy. Blackout really is great DVR programming.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
New Orleans Creole Cuisine. Seafood and rich sauces. Bananas Foster for dessert.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Espn.com, Buzzfeed, apple.com/trailers and add Uproxx to this list now. But enough about me.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
Right now it’s a toss-up. Jay Z and Kanye’s “Clique” and Kendrick Lamar’s “Swimming Pools”
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
My old agent at the old William Morris.
8. What’s your favorite meme?
Life #Fails on @YouTube
9. Dogs or cats?
Small dogs and Big Cats. How bout that?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Michael Jackson Bad Tour in Irvine. I was 11. My mom was straight hustling in the parking lot for better tickets. I was in awe. It was a great mother/son moment.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
For Men Only and For Women Only by Shaunti and Jeff Feldhahn
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
I can’t say just one. But as a kid my Dad let this school bully and HIS dad know better than to mess with his son again, or else… A true hero moment.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Frolic on the beach in Floripa, Brazil, then take a PJ to Sao Paolo for dinner and clubbing. You said anything.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Ha! Coming to America
16. Android or iPhone?
Oooh this is close. My Samsung Galaxy has a sic HD screen.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Bottega in Napa Valley
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Silver Linings Playbook
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
You can follow Jaleel on Twitter here.
Previously: Martha MacIsaac
(Pic via SyFy)