Hank Azaria has brought me much joy over the years — most notably as Moe Szyslak and Chief Wiggum on The Simpsons — and the guy has stolen the scene in just about every role he’s ever done. Even bad movies (Godzilla) are a bit more enjoyable thanks to his time on screen.
Hank Azaria has been working on The Simpsons for 25 years now — more than half his life, as today is his 49th birthday — and in that time he’s done numerous cameos and voiceover work on TV. Here are 9 small screen Hank Azaria roles from the 80s and 90s that you might have forgotten about, or have been unaware ever existed.
1. Family Ties, Joe — 1988
2. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Policeman/Jerry — 1990
3. Herman’s Head, Jay Nichols — 1991-1994
4. Bethoveen The Series, Killer/Harv — 1994
5. Tales From The Crypt, Richard — 1995
“Doctor of Horror”
6. If Not For You, Craig Schaeffer — 1995
7. Spider-Man, Venom/Eddie Brock — 1994-1996
8. Stressed Eric (American version) Eric Feeble — 1998
9. Mad About You, Nat Ostertag — 1995-1999