Things looked pretty bleak for our hero last night. He was accused of an act of violence he didn’t commit, powerful lawmen were holding his feet to the fire, his adversaries continued aligning against him, and he had unwelcome visitors drop by the bar he’s been spending most of his time in lately. Don’t worry, though. I’m sure Boyd will figure a way out of it. Everybody see what I did there?
To the highlights. Honestly, I could just make all of these Tim quotes. Dude was a bottomless pit of snark last night.
- Raylan dealing with the FBI and the local police. His problem was less “the long arm of the law” last night, and more “the two-headed snake of the law.” And we all know how you kill a two-headed snake: be a dick to it. Raylan’s a good two-headed snake killer.
- Good night, sweet incompetent con man prince.
- “How do you know that?” “I’m good at my job.” “If you already knew that, why’ve you been messing with me?” It’s fun.”
- A brief, but quite welcome, appearance by Stephen Root’s character, Judge Reardon. I want to clerk for that guy so bad.
- “Deputy, that might be the coolest thing I’ve ever laid ears on.”
- CAR BOMBS! WITH KIND OF BAD CGI! BUT STILL! CAR BOMBS!
- “I’m not playing. I’m an idiot. You can ask anybody.”
- Art. Seriously, do not mess with Art. Even you, Ned Ryerson.
- Just when you think Winona couldn’t possibly be any worse, she goes and does something like that … and totally redeems herself. (NOTE: “What am I, an asshole?”)
- Quarles breaking out the rail gun again.
- Wynn Duffy and Raylan having one of my favorite conversations of the season.
You all know the drill at this point. Writer Jon Worley will be with us for a discussion in the comments (screen name “jubbs”), and I’ve got some GIFs on the next page. Chet Manley was only able to make a few, so I threw in some great ones of Tim that I found on Tumblr.