Russell Peters is a comedian probably best known for his Comedy Central and Showtime comedy specials. Currently, he’s the host of Speakeasy, Made Man’s online talk show that was previously hosted by Paul F. Tompkins. You can view the first episode hosted by Peters below or here.
Russell was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Tequila, double Don Julio Anejo (chilled).
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
Jesus H. Christ on Twitter.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
Real Time with Bill Maher.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Since I wouldn’t have to worry about weight, definitely pizza, country fried steak from IHOP, Chicken Biryani with a side of chicken tikka masala and naan… Hey, you asked.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
BoxingNews.com , mixcrate.com, yahoonews.com and Google so I know how to find those websites.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
A mix tape called ‘Thread Count’ by DJ Scotty Fox.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable?”
Hmm, there’s really not that many people, but if I do want to punch someone in the face, I’ve blocked them from my mind and don’t even think about them.
8. What’s the last thing you googled?
“Is Larry the Cable Guy Jewish?” (Seriously, I literally checked my phone to see what my last search was.)
9. Dogs or cats?
Cats. They take care of themselves.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
My 43rd birthday party, when I re-celebrated my 40th birthday. It was a dream concert of Big Daddy Kane, Eric B, Bumpy Knuckles, Slick Rick, Nice & Smooth, Melle Mel, Grandmaster Caz, Large Professor, Dana Dane, DJ Scratch (from EPMD).
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Brain Droppings by George Carlin.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
I had a friend staying at my house in Vegas, and he went and fixed every single thing that needed to be fixed in the house without even being asked to do anything; and not just normal stuff, he re-cemented the wall in the backyard and then apologized for not painting the wall after repairing it.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
I love Family Guy.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Sleep. I’ve been on the road for years and years now. Sleep is the thing that I need the most on any given day. After getting as much sleep as possible, I’d spend the rest of the day hanging out with my daughter, being goofy.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Goodfellas, unless it’s edited, then I’ll turn it off (‘like I’m here to ‘freakin’ amuse you’).
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
I’m not a team sports guy. I’m strictly a boxing/MMA guy. I find it hard to care about any team sports.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
My mom’s house.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
I don’t know what I’d cook, but I’d definitely pair it with a bottle of Francis Ford Coppola wine.
And here’s the first episode of Speakeasy hosted by Russell Peters…
PREVIOUSLY: Tara Lynne Barr